Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Last week, on June 26th 2008 I loved the opportunity I had to go to the wedding reception of my mission president's daughter Leda. I did my best to turn the wedding into a mission reunion, and these four elders were all I could talk into going, but it was worth every minute. Sister Wilkins got permission to fly in for the wedding and when she saw us in line she began jumping up and down with eyes full of tears saying, "my missionaries are here, my missionaries are here!" It was a great reunion! The only time Leda went teaching in the three months she spent visiting the mission was with my companion, sister, best friend, soul mate Sister Freitas and me. She taught without fear and bore testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ in what seemed fluent Portuguese for those precious moments. I loved her enthusiasm. I was a sheer pleasure and joy to walk alongside her in the streets of Caraguatatuba Brasil.
I am also proud to have played a part a very important first for Leda.... no not the first day as a married woman, but rather the first time she indulged in the sheer bliss that is acai! When we met back up with President and Sister Wilkins after teaching, she sweetly asked for her reward of acai, and Sister Wilkins responded with an easy yes! And as President says, "hmmmmm, acai tem gosto de chocolate!"
Because of said teaching experience, Leda calls me and Sister Freitas her trainers. On my last night on the mission me and Sister Faust were getting ready for bed in President's apt. and Sister Wilkins was talking to Leda on the phone doing some wedding planning. When I heard that phone on the other end of the phone I asked Sister Wilkins to tell Leda I said hi, to which Leda responded to Dave (the lucky groom pictured here) "my trainer is there, Dave, my trainer is there!" Let me tell you what, it isn't hard to train a Wilkins! Love you both!

3 comments:

True Birds said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tyson and Heather said...

You look gorgeous!

Brandt said...

Ali I'm pretty sure that groom was an elder in my mission. Is his last name Johnson??? CRAZY!