Sunday, July 27, 2008

Happy Fourth Already!

So i think its time i gave the fourth of july some blog-time! i have been super blog-lame lately, and now i will make it up to you, i promise! so on the fourth i met up with my girls and we watched the fireworks looking up from our backs. It was quite the show i must admit. One of my friends said something on her blog that resonated with me and I haven't stopped thinking about it- she said she feels patriotism somewhat like she feels the spirit. I thought it was an appropriate analogy. I feel patriotism where gratitude and pride collide, where hope and optimism and a sense of belonging reside. It's where the true you feels what it should. I will always be grateful to call this country home, a place where the history is traced with the hand of the Lord in its creation and preservation. It breeds a sense of duty, of honor, and mostly of humble thankfulness. It touches me to say, in light of all the great men and women who made this possible, that i am AMERICAN!


the show


after the show

No comments: