Monday, June 28, 2010

The Bachelorette 6/28

Let’s call this one, “The Phone Call.”

Chris Harrison’s face is tragic. Ali’s face when she heard the news is almost authentic. And the sad camera work on the other end of the phone call set this up as a great episode. Justin’s girlfriend, Jessica looks exactly like you wish she would. But there’s a twist, she is one of TWO girlfriends Justin left at home. Shocked? No. Entertained? Absolutely. And we’ve only seen the first segment. Get yourselves ready, folks.

“I’m just pissed.”
-Couldn’t have said it better myself, Ali.

Chris Harrison at his finest: “Just be strong and let him have it.”

The guys come together – just look at Frank. He’s shell-shocked. Ty had a smug smile. Justin feigns disgust and walks out, and Ali goes after him. This couldn’t get any better. He’s going to great heights (literally) to get off camera. Now you want to see Ali off camera? Justin kind of melted my heart when he was speaking Portuguese in the first episode. Not my best moment of judgment. He will have some questions to answer in “After the Final Rose.” This typecast never quite gets old…

TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES! Our Time Warner timed out and we jump from Ali cursing at Justin to Frank running up behind Ali and their 1-on-1 date. Sadness… What did I miss?

Frank highlight: “I feel like I’m in a movie right now.” Well, you are in a 2-hour TV show. What’s the difference?

Frank is legitimately falling for Ali and she is scared that Frank could break her heart… I think it’s far more likely she could break his heart. He’s such a female about this process. I feel like he’s vulnerable.

What? No cocktail party? That seems to happen about once a season. Ali knows what she wants to do; the guys have no idea. They are visibly stressed! Drama at it’s finest.

They really tried to play up Kirk’s anxiety of going home tonight, but I wasn’t buying it. That said, Kirk’s final look was almost threatening. He did not like being the last name called. Craig was legit dumbfounded and it’s always hard to see a grown, respectable man like that. Probably because as an adult woman I don’t let myself get anywhere vulnerable like that. Final six and crying? That’s pretty early for the dudes.

All I have to say is my final four is in tact. Ty goes away next week and call me a prophetess. Or don’t, but that’s pretty good.

HOLY SCENES!! If I wasn’t hooked on this season, and this blog clearly suggests that fact, the scenes for the rest of the season opened my eyes right up. So Frank does break Ali’s heart. This is intoxicating. I can’t get enough.

Dissecting the scenes:

Portugal:
Roberto? check.
Chris? Check
Kirk? Check
Ty? Check.
Frank? Check.

Hometown:
Frank
Roberto

Tahiti:
Roberto
Ty
Frank

Hold on kids, this is going to be "The Most Dramatic Finale Ever!"

2 comments:

Sharon said...

I just have to say that I'm ticked about the scenes for the rest of the series bc I think they gave too much away. We now know Frank breaks her heart and she's not in love with any of the other guys. I've wanted Roberto all along. But I think that was Roberto's voice saying something like, "I can't propose to someone who I don't think is 100 percent into me". Anyway, I didn't want to see all that stuff yet. So I will finish my comment the same way I started it, I'm tioked.

Anonymous said...

Me too! Why did they do that? To take the fire away form the tabloids????? Gosh dang it! I don't read the end of a book before the beginning, I should be rewarded for patience and I was burned! Mother Dear