Sunday, June 21, 2009

a lil bit of dad

there are so many things to say on this day, but i decided to just say one thing- say one reason why my dad is special. basically, one reason why i am crazy about this man...

last summer the abc series wipe out was all the rage in my household. i never missed an episode. so when i saw the previews for season 2, i was anticipatory! but, to be honest, i don't think i'll watch a single episode. why? because i realized that when i watched wipe out my head was not toward the tv and my ears were not tuned into the sound-- i was fixated on the high-pitch squeal of a laugh coming from my papa bear. i looked forward to seeing that forehead vein rear it's protruding face (shocking, i know!). the joy behind that laugh was pure. it was real. it was childlike in its sincerity. and that big kid is my dad, a father in every meaning of the title and the role. and i'm grateful that i get to hear that laugh for a very long time in this life- modern medicine is a miracle- and forever as an eternal bond in an eternal family!

that's just a lil bit of dad... but it comes with a lot of bit of love!

No comments: