Monday, December 1, 2008

miracles DO happen!

The first miracle: I am writing a new blog post!

The second miracle: I was accepted to the NY program through the Comms department at BYU.


My soul needs New York and I am so grateful that I will be able to take in the sights and smells of this great city. I love big cities, I love traffic, I love public transportation. These things bring me great joy. What's better? I get to experience all this while testing my skills in the PR field. This semester has been quite the load. I don't have time for nearly anything outside school and work. I have learned much- most importantly how much I love PR. Here's a list why:

1- PR is about communication. I love communicating and communicating for a cause.
2- This industry is growing and using the growing Web of social media to continue to foster conversation
3- I get to use my words! Words are my passion and they are conveniently essential in my chosen field.
4- There is more to PR than just writing, contrary to popular belief. There is strategic planning that includes defining and reaching publics, or broken-down demographics. Then you design messages to reach each public, appeal to their self-interests, then invite them to action!

So come see me April-June in New York City. Hopefully it will be a temporary stop in the city I hope to return to permanently after graduation. Here's to dreams coming true.

6 comments:

Katy & James said...

congrats again hun... that is so wonderful!! You are definitely made for new york, even though I will miss you:) YAY YAY YAY for miss ALI jo!

Larsens said...

Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you. I know how you feel when you say your sould needs New York. I also love, love that city. I could totally live there...right on Manhattan, and love every second of it.
Congrats again!

Lisa and Mark said...

oooooooooooo! i didn't know you were thinking of doing new york, too! you'll love it. i remember heather and all of them having SUCH a great time last year!

Tyson and Heather said...

You rock, way to go...soooooo stoked for you!

Lindsay Anne said...

Congratulations Ali!

About Us said...

Hey lil sis! How exciting! I am truly jealous... I know what you mean about being in that city! It is such an amazing place and you will fit perfectly! I love you darling! I hope you don't wait tooo long to log back on here. :)
and CONGRATS!